DG

Default how to count the number of text frequencies and copy to other cell

I am trying to use the COUNTIF function to count the number of text
frequencies on a line that match a "text phrase". then i am try to copy this
formula to 200 cells below. When i reference to a cell such as "+a15", where
cell +15 is the text that i want ot match against, the result is a blank
cell. I understand that if the match is zero times a blank cell will be the
result.

But if i copy the data is cell A15 to the function of COUNTIF I get the
correct result. Isn't there an easier to way to copy the function down
several rows.