View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to locate a point on excel graph?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to locate a point on an Excel graph:
  1. Open your Excel file and go to the worksheet that contains the graph you want to work with.
  2. Click on the graph to select it. You should see a box appear around the graph to indicate that it is selected.
  3. Look at the bottom of the Excel window, and you should see a row of buttons. Click on the one that says "Select Data" (it looks like a small spreadsheet with a red arrow pointing to it).
  4. In the "Select Data Source" window that appears, you should see a list of data series that are plotted on the graph. Click on the series that contains the point you want to locate.
  5. Once you have selected the series, click on the "Edit" button to the right of the "Legend Entries (Series)" box.
  6. In the "Edit Series" window that appears, you should see two boxes labeled "Series X values" and "Series Y values". These boxes contain the data that is plotted on the graph.
  7. Look for the value that corresponds to the point you want to locate. If you know the exact value, you can type it into the appropriate box. If you don't know the exact value, you can use the arrow keys to scroll through the values until you find the one you want.
  8. Once you have located the value, click on the "OK" button to close the "Edit Series" window.
  9. You should now see a small dot or marker on the graph that corresponds to the point you located. If the dot is too small to see, you can right-click on it and choose "Format Data Series" to adjust the size and appearance of the marker.

That's it! You should now be able to locate any point on your Excel graph by following these steps.