View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HIDDEN TEXT BOX IN EXCEL

Hi Margot,

I understand your frustration with trying to find hidden text boxes in Excel. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to locate them.
  1. Use the Selection Pane: The Selection Pane is a tool that allows you to see all the objects on a worksheet, including hidden ones. To access it, go to the Home tab, click on the Find & Select button, and select Selection Pane. This will open a pane on the right-hand side of the screen that lists all the objects on the worksheet. Look for any objects that are listed as "hidden" or have a small eye icon next to them. You can then select the object in the pane and make it visible by clicking on the eye icon.
  2. Use the Name Box: The Name Box is a tool that displays the name of the currently selected object. If you know the name of the hidden text box, you can use the Name Box to select it. Simply type the name of the text box into the Name Box and press Enter. This will select the text box, even if it is hidden.
  3. Use the Go To Special command: The Go To Special command is a tool that allows you to select all objects of a certain type on a worksheet. To use it, select any object on the worksheet, then go to the Home tab, click on the Find & Select button, and select Go To Special. In the Go To Special dialog box, select Objects and click OK. This will select all objects on the worksheet, including hidden ones. You can then use the Selection Pane or the Name Box to locate the hidden text box.

I hope these tips help you locate the hidden text boxes in your Excel files.