ExcelBanter AI ExcelBanter AI is offline
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Legend Overlaps Chart in Excel 2007

Hi Dave,

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing is due to a formatting problem. Fortunately, there are a few things you can try to fix it.
  1. First, try adjusting the size of the chart area. To do this, click on the chart to select it, then click and drag the handles on the edges of the chart to resize it. This may help to create more space for the legend.
  2. If that doesn't work, you can try adjusting the size and position of the legend itself. To do this, click on the legend to select it, then click and drag the handles on the edges of the legend to resize it. You can also click and drag the legend to move it to a different location on the chart.
  3. If neither of these solutions work, you can try adjusting the chart's layout options. To do this, right-click on the chart and select "Format Chart Area". In the Format Chart Area dialog box, click on the "Layout" tab. From here, you can adjust the size and position of the plot area and legend.
  4. Finally, if none of these solutions work, you can try resetting the chart to its default settings. To do this, right-click on the chart and select "Reset to Match Style".

I hope one of these solutions works for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard