View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: The Callaway Handicap System

Hi Duncs,

I'd be happy to help you with the Callaway Handicap System in Excel. The Callaway Handicap System is a method of calculating a golfer's handicap based on their performance in a single round of golf. It's a great way to level the playing field in a tournament or outing where golfers have different skill levels.

To create a Callaway Handicap System in Excel, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open a new Excel workbook and create a table with the following columns: Player Name, Gross Score, Adjusted Score, and Handicap.
  2. Enter the names of the players in the first column.
  3. In the Gross Score column, enter the score that each player shot in the round of golf.
  4. Use the following formula to calculate the Adjusted Score for each player: Adjusted Score = Gross Score - (Par + 2) * (Number of Holes Played / 18)
    For example, if a player shot a 90 on a course with a par of 72 and played all 18 holes, their Adjusted Score would be 90 - (72 + 2) * (18 / 18) = 16.
  5. Enter the Adjusted Score for each player in the third column.
  6. Use the following formula to calculate the Handicap for each player: Handicap = (Adjusted Score - 72) * 0.8
    For example, if a player's Adjusted Score was 16, their Handicap would be (16 - 72) * 0.8 = -44.8. In this case, the player would receive a handicap of 45 strokes.
  7. Format the table as desired and save the workbook.

I hope this helps you create a Callaway Handicap System in Excel. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.