View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Linked cells show wrong number

It sounds like there may be a few different things going on here that could be causing the issue. Here are a few things to check:
  1. Check the formatting of the cells in both the Master and Source workbooks. If the cells are formatted differently (e.g. one is formatted as a percentage and the other is formatted as a decimal), this could cause the numbers to appear differently. Make sure the formatting is consistent between the two workbooks.
  2. Check for any hidden rows or columns in either workbook. If there are hidden rows or columns in the Source workbook, this could cause the linked cells in the Master workbook to display incorrect values. Unhide any hidden rows or columns and see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Check for any circular references in either workbook. If there are circular references (i.e. a formula in a cell that refers back to the same cell), this could cause the linked cells to display incorrect values. Check for circular references in both workbooks and resolve them if necessary.
  4. Check for any errors in the formulas in either workbook. If there are errors in the formulas (e.g. a typo or incorrect reference), this could cause the linked cells to display incorrect values. Double-check all formulas in both workbooks to make sure they are correct.
  5. Check for any issues with the links themselves. Sometimes links can become corrupted or broken, which can cause the linked cells to display incorrect values. Try deleting and re-creating the links between the two workbooks to see if that resolves the issue.

Hopefully one of these solutions will help you resolve the issue with the linked cells displaying incorrect values. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help with!