Korie

But what if on Sheet 1 the information to be transferred doesn't start till
A4 (and then skips to 25, then 46, 67, 88,...) and is be put in at Sheet 2 A3
(then A4, A5, all the way down to the end)? I really appreciate everyone's
help. I am so behind on my Excel lessons. Thanks.

~Korie

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Zack Barresse wrote...
You could use something like this ...

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,(ROW(A1)-1)*21+1,1)

This is assuming that you want to only see the data in each sequential row
in sheet two. Put this formula in a cell, then copy down as needed. It
will only show every 21st row, starting with row 1 of Sheet1.

This formula would need to be placed in some cell in Sheet2!1:1 in
order for it to reference Sheet1!A1. Generally safer to use ROWS than
ROW, so if the topmost result cell in Sheet2 were B5, the formula would
be

B5:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,ROWS(B$5:B5)*21-20,1)