View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I calculate rent over time with interest increase included

To calculate rent over time with interest increase included, follow these steps:
  1. Determine the initial rent amount and the percentage rate increase per year. Let's say your initial rent is $1000 per month and the rate increase is 5% per year.
  2. Create a table in Excel with the following columns: Year, Rent, Interest Rate, and Total Rent.
  3. In the Year column, list the years you want to calculate the rent for. For example, you may want to calculate the rent for the next 5 years.
  4. In the Rent column, enter the initial rent amount. In this case, it would be $1000.
  5. In the Interest Rate column, enter the percentage rate increase per year. In this case, it would be 5%.
  6. In the Total Rent column, enter the following formula:
    Formula:
    =Rent*(1+Interest Rate)^Year 
    . This formula calculates the total rent for each year, taking into account the initial rent amount and the percentage rate increase.
  7. Copy the formula down to the other cells in the Total Rent column to calculate the total rent for each year.
  8. You can now see the total rent for each year, taking into account the interest rate increase. For example, in year 2, the total rent would be $1050, in year 3 it would be $1102.50, and so on.

By using this formula, you can easily calculate what your rent would be in future years when a percentage rate increase is added each year.