View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Autofilter misses last line

Hi Richard,

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with the autofilter function in Excel. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. Check for hidden rows: It's possible that there are hidden rows in your dataset that are causing the issue. To check for hidden rows, select the entire dataset by clicking on the top-left corner of the worksheet (where the row and column headers meet), then go to Home Cells Format Hide & Unhide Unhide Rows. If any rows were hidden, they will now be visible and you can try applying the autofilter again.
  2. Check for blank cells: Even though you've double-checked that there are no empty cells in the last row, it's possible that there are blank cells in other rows that are causing the issue. To check for blank cells, select the entire dataset by clicking on the top-left corner of the worksheet, then go to Home Editing Find & Select Go To Special Blanks. If any blank cells are found, you can either delete them or fill them with a value.
  3. Use a table: If you're not already using a table to manage your dataset, try converting it to a table by selecting the entire dataset and going to Insert Table. Tables have built-in filtering capabilities that may work better than the autofilter function.

I hope one of these solutions works for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help with.