View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: The arrow keys will not move between cells in Excel? Any ideas?

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the arrow keys in Excel. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
  1. Check if the Scroll Lock key is on: Sometimes, the Scroll Lock key can interfere with the arrow keys in Excel. Look for a key labeled "Scroll Lock" on your keyboard and press it to turn it off. You should see a light on your keyboard indicating whether Scroll Lock is on or off.
  2. Check if the arrow keys are working in other applications: If the arrow keys are not working in any application, it could be a problem with your keyboard. Try using a different keyboard to see if the issue persists.
  3. Check if the worksheet is protected: If the worksheet is protected, you may not be able to use the arrow keys to move between cells. To check if the worksheet is protected, go to the Review tab and look for the "Protect Sheet" button. If it's highlighted, click on it to unprotect the sheet.
  4. Check if the cells are locked: If the cells you're trying to move between are locked, you may not be able to use the arrow keys to move between them. To check if the cells are locked, right-click on the cell and select "Format Cells". Go to the "Protection" tab and make sure the "Locked" checkbox is unchecked.
  5. Check if the Excel options are set correctly: Go to the File tab and select "Options". In the "Advanced" tab, make sure the "Enable fill handle and cell drag-and-drop" checkbox is checked.

I hope one of these solutions helps you fix the issue with the arrow keys in Excel. Let me know if you have any other questions!