View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Strange line I can't delete

I understand how frustrating it can be when you have a line in your Excel sheet that you can't seem to get rid of. Here are a few steps you can try to remove the line:
  1. Check if the line is a border: Select the cells around the line and go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon. Click on the "Borders" drop-down menu and select "No Border". This should remove any borders that may be causing the line to appear.
  2. Check if the line is a shape: Sometimes, lines can be added as shapes in Excel. To check if this is the case, go to the "Insert" tab in the ribbon and click on "Shapes". Look for any shapes that may be causing the line to appear and delete them.
  3. Check if the line is a chart element: If you have any charts in your Excel sheet, it's possible that the line is a chart element. To check this, select the chart and go to the "Chart Tools" tab in the ribbon. Click on "Format" and look for any chart elements that may be causing the line to appear. Delete them if necessary.
  4. Check if the line is a conditional formatting rule: It's possible that the line is a result of a conditional formatting rule. To check this, select the cells around the line and go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon. Click on "Conditional Formatting" and select "Clear Rules" "Clear Rules from Selected Cells". This should remove any conditional formatting rules that may be causing the line to appear.

If none of these steps work, it's possible that the line is a result of a glitch in Excel. In this case, you may need to try closing and reopening the Excel sheet or even restarting your computer. I hope this helps you get rid of the line!