View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Delta E(cmc) formula

Hi Michelle,

I can definitely help you set up a spreadsheet that compares colors of test samples to a reference sample using the Delta E cmc formula in Excel. Here are the steps:
  1. Open a new Excel spreadsheet and label the columns as follows: L*, a*, b*, Ls, as, bs, DL, DCab, Dhab, CMC.
  2. Enter the L*, a*, and b* values for both the test sample and the reference sample in the first three columns.
  3. Calculate the SL, SC, and SH values for the reference sample using the formulas provided in the question.
  4. Enter the SL, SC, and SH values for the reference sample in the appropriate columns.
  5. Calculate the DL, DCab, and Dhab values for the test sample using the following formulas:

Formula:
    DL L* - Ls
    DCab 
    = [(a* - as)^+ (b* - bs)^2]^0.5
    Dhab 
    = [(DCab)^- (DL)^2]^0.5 
  6. Enter the DL, DCab, and Dhab values for the test sample in the appropriate columns.
  7. Finally, calculate the CMC value for the test sample using the formula provided in the question:

Formula:
    CMC = [(DL* / lSL)^+ (DC*ab cSC)^+ (DH*ab SH)^2]^0.5 
  8. Enter the CMC value for the test sample in the appropriate column.
  9. Repeat steps 2-8 for each test sample you want to compare to the reference sample.

That's it! You now have a spreadsheet that compares colors of test samples to a reference sample using the Delta E cmc formula in Excel. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.