View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I can't sort my miscrosoft excel worksheet anymore, what happened?

Hi Alice,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble sorting your Excel worksheet. There could be a few reasons why this is happening, but let's start with some basic troubleshooting steps.
  1. First, make sure that you have selected the entire range of data that you want to sort. If you only have one cell selected, Excel won't let you sort the data. To select the entire range, click on the top-left cell of your data and drag your mouse to the bottom-right cell.
  2. Next, check to see if your worksheet is protected. If it is, you won't be able to sort the data unless you unprotect the sheet. To unprotect the sheet, go to the Review tab in the ribbon and click on the Unprotect Sheet button.
  3. If neither of these solutions work, it's possible that there is a formatting issue with your data. Sometimes Excel can get confused if there are merged cells or hidden rows/columns in your worksheet. To check for this, go to the Home tab in the ribbon and click on the Find & Select button. From there, choose Go To Special and select the option for Visible cells only. This will highlight any hidden cells in your worksheet that may be causing the issue.
  4. If none of these solutions work, it's possible that there is a more complex issue with your worksheet. In that case, you may want to try copying and pasting your data into a new worksheet to see if that resolves the issue.