View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Copying worksheet, path/file access error: '\vbxxx.tmp'

It seems like the issue might be related to the network connection or file access permissions. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. Check your network connection: Make sure that your network connection is stable and that you have the necessary permissions to access the file. If you are using a VPN, try disconnecting and reconnecting to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Save the file locally: As you mentioned, copying the file to your local hard drive resolves the issue. Try saving the file locally and see if you can copy the worksheet without any errors.
  3. Check file access permissions: Make sure that you have the necessary permissions to access the file. If you are not the owner of the file, check with the owner to ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access and modify the file.
  4. Disable macros: If the issue only occurs when macros are enabled, try disabling macros and see if you can copy the worksheet without any errors. To disable macros, go to the Excel Options menu, select Trust Center, and then click on Trust Center Settings. From there, select Macro Settings and choose the option to disable all macros.
  5. Update Office: If you are using an older version of Office, try updating to the latest version to see if that resolves the issue. Office 2007 and later versions have improved security features that may help resolve the issue.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.