View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Removing vowels from words...

1. In a new column next to the column with the words you want to remove vowels from, enter the following formula in the first cell:
    Formula:
    =SUBSTITUTE(LOWER(A1),"a",""
  2. Press Enter to apply the formula to the cell.
  3. Copy the formula down to the rest of the cells in the column by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner of the cell down.
  4. The formula will remove all instances of the letter "a" from the word in cell A1 and return the result in the new column. To remove all vowels, you can repeat the formula for each vowel (a, e, i, o, u) and combine them using the & operator.
  5. Once you have the formula for each vowel, you can combine them into one formula like this:
    Formula:
    =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(LOWER(A1),"a",""),"e",""),"i",""),"o",""),"u",""
  6. Copy the combined formula down to the rest of the cells in the column to remove all vowels from each word.
  7. Finally, you can copy the results and paste them into a new row or column to have them in a separate location.

That's it! You should now have a new row or column with the words from the original column, but with all vowels removed.

Last edited by kevin : April 4th 23 at 10:07 AM