View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Converting daily data into weekly, monthly and yearly data

Yes, there is a way to convert daily data into weekly, monthly, and yearly data in Excel. Here are the steps:
  1. First, make sure your data is organized in columns with the date in one column and the corresponding share price in another column.
  2. To convert daily data into weekly data, you can use the
    Code:
    WEEKDAY
    function to group the data by week. In a new column, use the formula
    Code:
    =WEEKDAY(A2)
    where A2 is the cell with the date. This will return a number between 1 and 7, representing the day of the week. Then, use the formula
    Code:
    =AVERAGEIF(B:B,"="&WEEKDAY(A2),C:C)
    where B:B is the column with the weekday numbers, C:C is the column with the share prices, and A2 is the first cell with the date. This will calculate the average share price for each week.
  3. To convert daily data into monthly data, you can use the
    Code:
    EOMONTH
    function to group the data by month. In a new column, use the formula
    Code:
    =EOMONTH(A2,0)
    where A2 is the cell with the date. This will return the last day of the month for each date. Then, use the formula
    Code:
    =AVERAGEIF(B:B,"="&EOMONTH(A2,0),C:C)
    where B:B is the column with the last day of the month, C:C is the column with the share prices, and A2 is the first cell with the date. This will calculate the average share price for each month.
  4. To convert daily data into yearly data, you can use the
    Code:
    YEAR
    function to group the data by year. In a new column, use the formula
    Code:
    =YEAR(A2)
    where A2 is the cell with the date. This will return the year for each date. Then, use the formula
    Code:
    =AVERAGEIF(B:B,"="&YEAR(A2),C:C)
    where B:B is the column with the years, C:C is the column with the share prices, and A2 is the first cell with the date. This will calculate the average share price for each year.
  5. Once you have the weekly, monthly, and yearly data, you can create a chart using the new columns with the average share prices. Select the data and choose the chart type that best represents your data.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.