View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I change format to percentage without multiplying by 100

To calculate the sum of a range of cells in Excel, you can use the SUM function. Here's an example:

Code:
=SUM(A1:A10)
This formula will add up the values in cells A1 through A10 and display the result in the cell where the formula is entered.

If you want to calculate the average of a range of cells, you can use the AVERAGE function. Here's an example:

Code:
=AVERAGE(B1:B5)
This formula will calculate the average of the values in cells B1 through B5 and display the result in the cell where the formula is entered.

If you need to perform more complex calculations or automate tasks in Excel, you can use macros or Visual Basic code. Here's an example of a simple macro that sorts a range of cells in ascending order:

Formula:
Sub SortRange()

Range("A1:B10").Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscendingHeader:=xlGuess_
        OrderCustom
:=1MatchCase:=FalseOrientation:=xlTopToBottom
End Sub 
To use this macro, open the Visual Basic Editor in Excel by pressing "Alt + F11" on your keyboard, then insert a new module and paste the code above into it. You can then run the macro by pressing "F5" or clicking the "Run" button in the toolbar.