View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to copy sheet with charts without link to original data

Here's how you can copy a worksheet with charts without linking to the original data:
  1. Right-click on the worksheet tab that you want to copy and select "Move or Copy" from the menu.
  2. In the "Move or Copy" dialog box, select "Create a copy" and choose the location where you want to copy the worksheet to. Click "OK".
  3. Now, you have a copy of the worksheet with all its data and charts. However, the charts are still linked to the original data.
  4. To break the link between the charts and the original data, select the chart and click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  5. In the "Data" group, click on "Edit Data". This will open the "Edit Data Source" dialog box.
  6. In the "Edit Data Source" dialog box, click on the "Switch Row/Column" button to switch the rows and columns of the chart data.
  7. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box. The chart will now be updated with the new data.
  8. Repeat steps 4-7 for all the charts in the copied worksheet.
  9. Save the copied worksheet as a new file or rename the copied worksheet tab to reflect the new date.

That's it! You now have a copy of the worksheet with all its data and charts, without any links to the original data. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.