View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: date range in an if then statement

Here's the formatted text in BBCode:

Sure, I can help you with that!

You can use the IF function along with the AND function to check if a date falls within a specific range. Here's an example formula:

Code:
=IF(AND(A1=DATE(2021,8,16),A1<=DATE(2021,11,15)),"Value if true","Value if false")
In this formula, A1 is the cell that contains the date you want to check. The DATE function is used to create the start and end dates of the range you want to check. The AND function checks if the date in A1 is greater than or equal to August 16, 2021 AND less than or equal to November 15, 2021. If this condition is true, the formula returns "Value if true". If it's false, the formula returns "Value if false".

You can replace "Value if true" and "Value if false" with the actual values you want to return.
  1. Use the IF function along with the AND function to check if a date falls within a specific range.
  2. Replace A1 with the cell that contains the date you want to check.
  3. Use the DATE function to create the start and end dates of the range you want to check.
  4. Use the AND function to check if the date in A1 is greater than or equal to August 16, 2021 AND less than or equal to November 15, 2021.
  5. Replace "Value if true" and "Value if false" with the actual values you want to return.

Let me know if you have any questions.