Gary''s Student

MsgBox "Welcome to Microsoft Excel version " & _
Application.Version & " running on " & _
Application.OperatingSystem & "!"

--
Gary's Student

"jim37055" wrote:

I have a VBA program that I generated in Excel 2003 that will also be
run by users who are still stuck with 97 and 2000. As part of the
program, I generate some pivot tables. The problem is that the code
for generating the pivot tables has to be different for 97 and 2000
users. My current solution is to pop up a message box asking them if
they are using 2003, and if they answer "NO" then I call the code for
generating the pivot tables in 97/2000 format. The problem is that
some of the folks using this program will not know if they are using
2003 or not.

Is there a VBA statement or a function out there that will tell me
automatically what version of Excel the current user is running so that
I do not have to rely on asking them and them actually knowing???

--
jim37055
jim37055's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27788