Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:48:02 -0400, "Gauthier"
wrote:

hi there...i am using advanced filtering (excel 2000) and am looking for a
way to further filter my data

My Criteria currently reads:

REGION MM-YY MM-YY
=200212 =<200305

<=200312

Sample Filtered Data using above filter:

REGION MM-YY
------------------------------
1234 200212
123401 200212
12340101 200212
1234010101 200212
123402 200212
12340202 200213
1234020201 200213

I WANT TO ADD another criteria - under REGION i want to limit selections to
only those region #'s which have UP TO 8-digits..
I don't need to see the entries with 10-digits (ie..1234010101,
1234020201)...
the REGION COLUMN, by the way is formatted as "General" (long story -
document imported from .txt and contains macros to reduce to this point)

appreciate any assistance u can provide!

Sandi

Assuming the first Region is in A8, use the following criteria:

MM-YY MM-YY
=LEN(A8)<=8 =200212 =<200305
=LEN(A8)<=8 <=200312

Note that there is no label in the column that contains the formulas.

--ron