Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Formula in one cell changes when data in another cell is cut andpasted.

On 5/22/2021 12:06 PM, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi David,

Am Sat, 22 May 2021 11:52:58 -0700 schrieb David Farber:

I'm using Excel 2010 Home and Student edition.

I've created a column, B, of questions which need to be answered on a
scale from 0-5. Columns C-H are to be checked with an "X" or whatever
character they see fit to indicate which answer they have chosen.

For example, one of the questions in column B says, On a scale of 0-6,
how painful is it for you to climb one flight of stairs?" The choices
are, 0, column C, "not difficult," 1, column D, "minimally difficult,"
etc. all the way up to 5, column H "unable to do." The end result is
that column I figures out which column the "X" was placed and enters the
numerical result.

try:
=MATCH("x",$C21:$H21,0)

Regards
Claus B.

Hi Claus,

That works fine. Thank you. Do you have any idea why Excel glitches on
my formula?

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA