Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

Default Named Range Keeps Disappearing...

I've created a name range in WorkookA that is the target of a =COUNTIF()
formula in WorkbookB. It works just as intended, but...

The "BUT" is that even with no changes to WorkbookA, somehow the
definition seems to disappear and I have to recreate it.

I don't recall having had this symptom before; what's the cause/cure?

=IF(COUNTIF(DistFunds_2020_12_Dec.xlsx!RestrictedF undsTable,$I10)=1,$K10,0)

is the formula; I'm also not sure about why the sheet isn't named
although all sheets in the workbook A have the same format over the
range in question.

I'd hate to have to manually paste the data into another sheet in B or
something -- it really should update and let new data be entered in A so
it is dynamic--that's the point of using the lookup to begin with.

Thanks...