Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

Default Automagic Subtotals in Pivot Table

On 5/7/2021 9:54 AM, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Duane,

Am Fri, 7 May 2021 09:17:16 -0500 schrieb dpb:

Actually, I have one more issue that isn't really related to the pivot
table other than it's an artifact of the attempts to try to create one--

When I created a table from the range following some hints I read on one
of the many web sites, Excel "helpfully" inserted alternate-row shading
on top of the existing background fill colors that I don't want to lose.

How can one remove that distracting and now hard-to-read shading without
destroying the other background fill? I can, of course, just trash this
sheet entirely and start over again, but I had done some preliminary
rearranging that would have to redo not knowing what Excel was going to
do to me...

select the PivotTable = Design and choose a PivotTable style you like.
You can also play around with "Banded Rows" and "Banded Columns".

Regards
Claus B.

This isn't in the PivotTable but in the data range of the PT when I
tried turning it into a table per a suggestion seen on internet.

I turned it back into a regular range from the table and the banded rows
artifact remained. I guess I could try going back to the table again
and seeing if there's some control there.

I can just revert back to the previously saved version; it's not a
terribly large number of modifications I had made so it's not a
disaster, just inconvenience.

Thanks for feedback, as always.