Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

Default Automagic Subtotals in Pivot Table

On 5/6/2021 5:49 PM, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi,

Am Thu, 6 May 2021 16:19:52 -0500 schrieb dpb:

It has anywhere from 4-8 separate sections corresponding to monthly
scholarship billings that are extracted from the workbook Financial Aid
sends as the bill to the Foundation; we have to then code the funds to
which individual awards are to be billed internally to/tracked by the
Foundation by the source of the funds.

try:
Options = Quick Access Toolbar and add "PivotTable and PivotChart
Wizard"
With that tool you can choose "Multiple consolidation ranges"

or have a look:
https://www.contextures.com/xlpivot08.html

Actually, I have one more issue that isn't really related to the pivot
table other than it's an artifact of the attempts to try to create one--

When I created a table from the range following some hints I read on one
of the many web sites, Excel "helpfully" inserted alternate-row shading
on top of the existing background fill colors that I don't want to lose.

How can one remove that distracting and now hard-to-read shading without
destroying the other background fill? I can, of course, just trash this
sheet entirely and start over again, but I had done some preliminary
rearranging that would have to redo not knowing what Excel was going to
do to me...

Removing "conditional formatting" didn't have any effect...