Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norbert[_4_] Norbert[_4_] is offline

Default Activate the cell which was found by vlookup formula

Hi,
I had a similar problem before and I found the code from that time but I still can't figure it out.
I have a date in cell E3 (e.g. "01-05-2021") which also can be found in range H7:H18. That range has all the dates of the 1st day of each month.

I enter the date into cell E3 and then I run a macro. I want the macro to automatically select the particular cell within the range H7:H18, which has the same date as cell E3.

This is the part of the macro I'm struggling with:

Dim c As Range
Dim myStr As String

Range("E3").Select
Selection.Copy

With ActiveSheet
myStr = .Range("E3")
End With

With ActiveSheets
Set c = .Range("H7:H18").Find(myStr)
If Not c Is Nothing Then Application.Goto .Range("H" & c.Row)
End With

(I'm getting this error message: "Object required".)

I'm hoping that someone can help me.
Thanks!
Norbert