Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jbclem1 jbclem1 is offline

Default Excerl 2002...FInd and Replace not working properly

I have some large worksheets in Excel 2002 and I often use Control-F (Find
and Replace) to locate items. Lately it has been working erratically, and
more often than not produces this error message:

"Microsoft Excel cannot find the data you're searching for. Check your
search options, location, and formatting."

Closing and re-opening Excel isn't fixing this problem, it keeps
re-occurring.

Does anyone have an explanation for what triggers this, and a way I can get
Find and Replace working properly again.

John