Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MyVeryOwnSelf[_3_] MyVeryOwnSelf[_3_] is offline

Default Match value in column number received from previous match

How to use MATCH when you know only the column number to lookup in?
I know that the column to lookup in is column 7, but I cannot use it in MATCH like MATCH(1910,$g$g,0) .

This works for me with Excel 365 and Windows 10, and with all the relevant cells being Excel numbers:
=MATCH(1910, $G:$G, 0)

(I'm not clear what you mean by "... cannot use it in MATCH ..." Is an error of some kind reported?)