Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Xxer Xxes Xxer Xxes is offline

Default Need a UDF to count blank cells

Hi everybody

I had posted this a while ago , and I get a good function :

Function countnull()
Dim X
Application.Volatile
If TypeName(Application.Caller) = "Range" Then
For X = Application.Caller.Row - 1 To 1 Step -1
If Cells(X, Application.Caller.Column).Formula = vbNullString Then
countnull = countnull + 1
Else
Exit Function
End If
Next X
End If
End Function

this function brings me the value of cells empty
from above , in the same Column ;
Now , I have need this function to do the same task ,
but counting empty cells in the same Row ; I need to count
to the left cells where this function is .

2) .Second ask , I have need to
have a function doing the same task (meaning counting empty
cells ) but to return me the value of empty cells after it find
a specific value , such as - " 3 " .

3) . Well , if it is possible , I really have need and a function to do
the same task like for I asked just above , but to not do
differences beetween empty or non empty cells , just
bring me the value of number of cells passing until
it find value - 3 - .
thank you .