JR

I'm not sure what rights you have to protect the application you created but,
I'm not sure it's legal for you to sell "your" application in the first
place, since you are using a copyrighted program (Microsoft Excel).

"TheRobsterUK" wrote:

If I create a spreadsheet application then by law do I automatically own
the copyright for that spreadsheet without having to, for example,
register it or patent it first?

I have a spreadsheet that I want to try and sell but want to know what
I could do if someone hacked the passwords on it and simply changed my
name (e.g. in the splash screen) to their name and then started selling
it as their own application.

Legally can I do anything about this? Are they breaking copyright law?

Also if they just took all my ideas (without hacking the passwords) and
basically just made a replica of my application and then sold their
version, is this also an infringement of copyright and therefore also
illegal?

Thanks
-Rob

--