Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David Godinger[_2_] David Godinger[_2_] is offline

Default VBA for Selecting Last Row in Range

Yes, getting the last cell of text or numbers in one column is easy, but that's not what I'm asking for.

Again, I've appreciated your thoughts, thanks.

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 11:11:56 AM UTC-7, Peter T wrote:
"David Godinger" wrote in message
The macro took me to the last cell (the lower right of the entire range).
By the way, the lower half of the range had no text or numbers in it.

However, there was formatting in all cells of the range for color, number,
and border. Could it be that the macro considers the formatting as data?
If so, would it be possible for the macro to work only on numbers, dates,
and text?

Sorry I misread you wanted the last row 'with data'.

It would simplify things if you wanting the last cell in a specified column
(rather than all columns that includ data, for example the in the first
column of the given range - If that's that an option try this

last data cell in first column of the range

lastRow = rng.Offset(rng.Rows.Count, 1 - 1).Cells(1).End(xlUp).Row
' lastRow = actual row

' or last row with data in col-1 of the range
lastRow = lastRow - rng.Rows(1).Row + 1
Debug.Print rng(lastRow, 1).Address

Peter T