Sloth

I am sorry. I didn't see the "0" added to 80. Use this formula...

=REPLACE(A1,6,0,"0")&"-3"

Hope this helps.

"Sloth" wrote:

1. Insert a temporary column next to the one you want to change. (If the
information is in A right click on column B and select insert)

2. Type this formula in B1...
=A1&"-3"

3. Copy the cell by dragging the bottom right corner all the way down to
the end of your list.

4. Highlight column B and select copy. Right click on A select paste
special. Select values.

5. Delete column B. (right click on B and select delete).

I am assuming you have it formatted as text. If not, let me see the custom
format you are using and I might be able to suggest another option.

"GR" wrote:

Have column of numbers that must be converted to a new number by simply
adding same to number is two specific places. ex: 6200-80 must become
6200-080-3

How to do this w/out re-keying entire workbook?