Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_8_] Peter T[_8_] is offline

Default X Y Scatter Excel Graph X Axis Customization

"Peter T" wrote in message Peter T
Thanks Peter, YEs I am just tring to Plot a X Y Scatter Graph only where
I wanted to change the Axis (Perticularly X Axis) to show the Text
Format.

Reason for asking is a Scatter works with pairs of X:Y values, but it
looks like your data only has Y values and no obvious reason (based on
your data) to make a Scatter rather than a Line type.

OK, select your 4 hook labels with the single row of values below and
create a Scatter chart. Manually change the Series name to the load label
left of the first row of values. That should create a single series
Scatter with your hook labels on the X-axis.

Manually add the second series:
Select the chart, on the Design Tab / Data / Select Data / Add
Series name: the 2nd 'load' label
X values: the row of 4 hook labels in the top row
Y values: the 2nd row of values

Similarly add the 3rd series

You should now have a Scatter with 3 'load' series and your hook labels as
required on the X axis.

Hmm, I thought that worked but trying again it doesn't, as in the text
labels don't appear in the x-axis. ~(maybe I thought I'd created a Scatter
but accidentally a Line...)

I doubled checked because thinking again I was a bit surprised it worked, As
I mentioned a Scatter requires X:Y values, if the X's are not supplied they
are created by default as 1,2,3 to indicate 1st,2nd,3rd y-value.

I'll look again later and with your file, but it might not be possible,
which'd bring it back to using a Line chart -

Peter T