Old September 4th 20, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Blythe Richardson Smith Blythe Richardson Smith is offline

Default Using IF Function to Recognize Highlighted Cell

I am working in Google Sheets and trying to figure out if I can use the IF Function to recognize a highlighted cell and produce a formula based on the result. For instance, if cell A1 is highlighted yellow (done manually, not based on conditional formatting), then B1=(A1*5) but if A1 is not highlighted yellow then the formula doesn't apply.

TO BE CLEAR, I am not looking to highlight a cell using conditional formatting. I am looking to find a highlighted cell and base a formula off that cell.

Any suggestions on how to use an IF Function (or other function) to recognize the color of a cell? Thanks in advance!