Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] jessmoseley@live.com is offline

Default cell formatted as date won't change

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 12:51:01 PM UTC-4, Luke M wrote:
Your "dates" might actually be entered as text, and not a true date/number.
In which case, you'll need to use something like
=DATEVALUE(A2)
to convert the text to a number, and then you can format it as desired.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"NEHicks" wrote:

I have a column of dates (Jul 2,2009) that I want to format as 7/2/09. I can
change the formatting to anything I want and the cells never change. What's
wrong?

This worked for me! Thank you for saving me hours!!!!!!