Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Problem with class variable and Personal.xlsb

Thanks for the detailed explanation. While your detailed explanation makes
sense in concept, I'm having difficulty understanding the following leading
comments.

Tab and spaces are normal string content and so if you build a string
containing them it can be output to a text file and/or the ImmediateWindow at
any time.

Thank you for looking at my posts. I believe we had a discussion before
about why it was neccessary to replace Debug.Print. The reason is because I
wanted the option to log the Immediate Window stream and I could not put a
Debug.Print statement into a string if it contained the formatting functions
Tab() and Spc(). I find these functions very useful in getting easy to read
output. My class has a method to replace Debug.Print statements with
equivalent dp.output_line statements.

If you are trying to 'collect' progressive Debug.Print outputs for a design
session (as I sometimes do so I can review 'actual' outputs), your class seems
like a lot of work unless you are using it as a subclassing component where
each project instantiates its own instance independant of any other projects
using it simultaneously; - in this case it makes sense to go the distance!

My approach is project-centric in that any D.P statements get passed to a
function similar to the WriteTextFile ones I posted earlier; the output to the
log is same as how error.log stuff gets done, but the new text also goes to IW.
I suppose having a 'globally available' solution is not much different (and
cudos to you for doing that), I just prefer my approach because it's integrated
with my central error handling system in every project.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc