Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default How to password protect items in a dropdown menu

hi, I have created a dropdown menu with a series of names on it. Once another
user clicks their name, I am attempting to have them enter a password so that
they can only access their data in the sheet and no one else's. How do I do
this?

Hide all the sheets except the login sheet;

When user selects name from the dropdown,
prompt for a password;

If the password belongs to that name,
show the sheet[s] listed that user is allowed to access;
this info should be stored on a VeryHidden sheet;

Use the Workbook_BeforeClose event to hide all sheets except login sheet.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc