Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] selectbeautyshop@gmail.com is offline

Default Macro to Find and Replace in a loop for a long list of rows

Hello - I am trying to build a Find and Replace macro that allows a list of find (Sheet2!Column A) and Replace (Sheet2!Column B) alphanumeric strings to be applied to an input List Sheet1:Column A). Each Find and Replace row in sheet2 should be applied to ALL of Column A in sheet 1.

The standard find and replace function in Excel does not work because the text strings we are trying to use to replace the information have a few too many characters. May need to use the Search/Substitute functions to accomplish it.

To say it another way, I want to apply a Find and Replace for each row in the Sheet2 (row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc) to all rows in the Sheet1. So the find and replace function will be applied to every single row in Sheet1.

I am happy to send over a sample file if it helps.

If I am confusing you, just ask and am happy to clarify.

FYI, this will be using a computer with Excel 2010