Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Programmatic alternative to SendKeys

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 12:07:56 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 11:12:33 AM UTC-6, GS wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:03:19 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Indeed Garry, thanks for getting into it. RealTick is mostly used from
the page you saw on YouTube, the real-time data ia fed into that page.

However, upon installation there's an option which works with Excel,
it is in fact one of the very few programs that do this, I've been
using it for years. The data is called from formulas entered into
Excel, and updates in real-time as well. The numbers are then
manipulated by the user (myself) within Excel. I like it because it
allows me to do my own analysis and not depend on some "canned"
program. As I mentioned, it sits on the ribbon as "Realtick ©".

My version of the program is RealTick EMS 11.2, I believe it provides
(upon installation, of course) the most recent version of RealTick for
Excel.

Ok, so that suggests it includes an Addin or a COMAddin that puts its
own tab on the Excel Ribbon, OR adds its own menu to an existing
RibbOn tab; - which is it?

If it is an Addin then it uses a .XLAM workbook to add the menus, and
contains associated macros. If so, can you provide a download link to
that workbook?

--
Garry

The user does nothing. The installation proecedure for RealTick does it.
Once Excel is started after installation, the "ReaTick ©" button
appears in the rightmost spot of the ribbon.

Thanks Garry.

This indicates that it's an addin so what I'm asking is for you to check
if it's a workbook.xlam or a COMAddin via the Developer tab. Please &
thank you!

--
Garry

Under Excel Add-ins, 2 lines:

Name: RealTickForExcelIUI
Location: c:\RealTick\Excel\adxloader.dll

Name: RealTickRTD.dataserver
Location: c:\RealTick\RealTickRtd.dll

Unfortunately I don't know how to find "workbook.xlam" or "COMAddin".

Many thanks.

Ok thanks! This suggests a COMAddin or VSTO addin since it's a DLL so I'll
look into trying to access the menuitems directly w/VBA. You say it's a
dropdown menu? Please describe what happens when you click it...

Dropdown menu has 6 sections, each with several sub-sections listed below:

1. Control

a. Pause: Start/Pause Streaming Data | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Refresh: Refresh Data | RealTickForExcelIUI

2. Data

a. Market: Invoke Market Data Setup | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Historic: Invoke Historic Data Setup | RealTickForExcelIUI

3. Insert symbols

a. Load Symbols | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Search Symbols | RealTickForExcelIUI

4. Insert Fields

a. Load Fields | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Search Fields | RealTickForExcelIUI

5. Trading

a. Create Order Grid | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Create Positions Grid | RealTickForExcelIUI

c. Create Account Balance Grid | RealTickForExcelIUI

6. Service Center

a. Select to customize Excel settings | RealTickForExcelIUI

b. Resolve path name for RealTick macros | RealTickForExcelIUI

c. Download templates RealTickForExcelIUI

d. Connect to Updates & Download Central | RealTickForExcelIUI

e. Connect to Help Desk | RealTickForExcelIUI

f. About RealTick for Microsoft Excel | RealTickForExcelIUI

Does 6e offer anything helpful?
Does RealTick.exe have a userguide (CHM) in its folder?

I applied for the trial to see for myself how your addin works. Perhaps their
enthusiasm to bring me onboard will be in our favor!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc