Posted to alt.computer,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Paul is offline

Default Excel print object?

Robert Baer wrote:
Snippet of incomplete program:
*COPY*
ActivePrinter = "Acrobat PDFWriter on FILE:": PrintToFile = True
'note need KILL statement for PDFWriter
' Above sets printer in Excel 2003; WILL crash in Excel 2010.

num = 1 'here we try to select the diagram only; hope printer will
use that
For Each iobj In ActiveSheet.Shapes 'DrawingObjects
iobj.Select
If num = 5 Then
Exit For 'got inserted "Picture 3"; want to print only this
End If
num = num + 1
Next iobj
' So..how do we pass it on?

' In "modern" defective Excel 2010, prints to default SO must set
default to what is needed
' ActivePrinter = "Xerox Phaser 6120 PS on FILE:": PrintToFile = True
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Preview:=False, _
Collate:=False, PrToFilename:=pPath + vNam 'use + ".PS" for Xerox
printer
Kill pPath + vNam 'not needed for PS printer
*END COPY*

So..how do we pass it on or select it or whatever for printing?

Thanks

Did you go looking for example code ?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ting-excel-vba

They present an overview of sorts about .select here.

Note that the HTML formatting applied here, may require you
to test multiple browsers to get a copy clean enough to read.
Seamonkey = screwy, Chromealike = OK.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...excel-vba?rq=1

Paul