Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Copy multi-line variable to first empty row

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Wed, 29 Jan 2020 21:26:51 +0000 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

One minor point that probably has a simple answer; did you notice that
the entries in cols N, O and P are red? The cols are not formatted with
red font so I'm puzzled.

some of your cells are formatted.
Insert a line into the code (after LRow=...)to clear the formats:

LRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
.Rows(LRow).ClearFormats

What kind of file is your source and what is the name of it?
Perhaps there is an easier way without the clipboard.

Regards
Claus B.

No success so far with the first of my 'outstanding points', getting the
col A date in form 'ddd dd/mm/yy'.

This test macro works OK, but after many attempts I still haven't
succeded in doing the same within your macro, as Case "A"

Sub TestSplit_1()

Dim tDate1 As String
Dim tDate1Array() As String

tDate1 = "Thursday 19 September 2019"
tDate1Array() = Split(tDate1)

tDate1 = tDate1Array(1) & " " & tDate1Array(2) & " " &
tDate1Array(3)
MsgBox tDate1
Range("A800") = tDate1

End Sub