Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Averaging durations formatted as hh:mm?

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Sun, 05 Jan 2020 19:26:26 +0000 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

I have a column of durations formatted as hh:mm. Is there a formula I can enter
below which will display the average duration please? Or must I resort to VBA?

as for numbers you can use AVERAGE for times too.

Regards
Claus B.

Thanks, I hadn't realised that. Thought I'd have to convert it to decimal form
first. The long gaps between my serious sessions with Excel and VBA are beginning to
show!

Happy New Year Claus!

Terry, East Grinstead, UK