Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default An easier way to count equal values in two columns?

Hi Emilio,

Am Wed, 18 Dec 2019 06:21:41 -0800 (PST) schrieb Emilio Guerra:

I have a worksheet with two columns, each column has a date/time value. I need to know how many of the cells in column A match the cells in column B on a row-by-row basis. Now, I could do it row by row with IF, but is there a way to look at the whole range and just count in one instance?

To clarify, the same values must only take place in the same row (e.g., A3=B3), and I'd like for the formula to return how many of those cells equal each other. Thanks!

try:

=SUMPRODUCT(N(A1:A20=B1:B20))

Regards
Claus B.