Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] fowlkess@nlrsd.org is offline

Default I would like text to overlap adjacent cell(s)

What if you leave A1 Empty and C1 Empty and Write a long string of text in B1 and Center align it? Can you make the Text appear in A1 and C1. (I'm trying to make a gradient of colors across several cells and I want the text to be over multiple cells but I can not merge them.)

On Friday, August 14, 2009 at 11:44:11 AM UTC-5, Dave Peterson wrote:
If you have a long string in A1 and B1 is empty, then the text in A1 will
overlap into B1 -- as long as A1 isn't formatted to wrap text.

Mike wrote:

I would like text to overlap adjacent cell(s).

How can I select that attribute?

--

Dave Peterson