FallonRayArt FallonRayArt is offline
Junior Member

Smile Almost Just What I Need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teethless mama View Post
Assuming your data is sort in ascending order

Conditional Formatting:
=$A1=INDEX($A$1:$A$6,MATCH(TODAY(),$A$1:$A$6))
This is almost perfect for me. Would you show me a version that gives the closest date that is today or later, instead of potentially in the past? I'm using this in a Holidays spreadsheet, and today is closer to Halloween than Veteran's Day, so the above formula shows Halloween, but since Halloween is already in the past, I'd like to show the next closest holiday from the current date (including today's date, if it's a holiday). E.g., if today's date was Halloween, I would want to highlight that instead of Veteran's Day.

My dates are in ascending order. Thanks in advance for any help.