Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Benoît Benoît is offline

Default Replace wildcard character problem

Daddy Sage wrote:

mandag den 28. oktober 2019 kl. 16.47.19 UTC+1 skrev Claus Busch:
Hi,

Am Mon, 28 Oct 2019 08:28:27 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Daddy Sage:

My colleague has some texts written like

*Abe
*Benzen
*Munoni
*Monintor

and so on. Now he want to change the texts to

*Abe*
*Benzen*
*Munoni*
*Monintor*

try it with a helper column. If the first string is in A1 then use:
=A1&"*"
Then copy the helper column and insert it as values in column A.

Or try:

Sub Test()
Dim LRow As Long
Dim rngC As Range

With ActiveSheet
LRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For Each rngC In .Range("A1:A" & LRow)
rngC = rngC & "*"
Next
End With
End Sub

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

Great. But the problem is that he want it sone without VBA.

Like what Claus Busch said :

try it with a helper column. If the first string is in A1 then use:

in B1 for example
=A1&"*"
Then copy the helper column and insert it as values in column A.

If you want to have the "good" text in colomn A (I dont recommand this).

--
Vie : n.f. maladie mortelle sexuellement transmissible
Benoit chez leraillez.com