Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Unable to open Word file from Excel

On 05/10/2019 11:48, RG III wrote:
On Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 3:00:42 AM UTC-7, GS wrote:

This error has the following description using Err.Raise 5457

Application-defined or object-defined error

What EXACT Err.Description do you get?

I forget the exact description, but a popup box said something along
the lines of "File is in use or open by another application or person",
which is clearly incorrect because I created these random new files in
my own folder that nobody knows about or can see.

From a administrative cmd prompt, replace {Path} with that of the file

openfiles /query /fo table | find /I "{Path}"

This will give you the process id, which can be found in task manager,
which will lead to the application looking at your file. Probably a
network antivirus program....... :-)

--
Adrian C