Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RG III RG III is offline

Default Unable to open Word file from Excel

Did you have Word open already, AND opened the file there first? You may
have to close that instance BEFORE using an automated instance to open one
of its files, even though that file was manually closed there.

The Word files are closed, closed, closed. I even created new blank Word
files and still the same result. The above code works at home, but
in another network environment I can't get Excel to open any Word file,
even files that I created myself. It gives runtime error 5457.