Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JS SL JS SL is offline

Default Count the sum of multiply values in one cell, registered as part of atextcode, combine them per column and show the results in the next sheet

Hello,

Sometimes I got something were I think..... is this (im)possible ? :)
It's a special way of registering data, but the challange is to get the sum of the counting. A part of the challange is that de value is a part of a textcode and sometimes there are more textcodes/values registered in one cell.
In fact.... to complex for me :(
So, if somebody thinks, Yes this is nice to solve. Feel free and make me happy.

Regards, Johan

Sheet1;

Column A/B has information not relevant for the macro.
The heading in record 5 has the persons name. For example C5=MisterX, D5=MisterY, E5=MisterZ,

This look then like

A - B - C - D - E
1
2
3
4
5 - . - MisterX - MisterY - MisterZ
6
7

Whats next :)

In the records there's a textcode written with a value between brackets.
The code is build up with points and then the brackets. So you get for example "AA.BB.CC.[50]".
Looks easy so far (?). The other challange is that in the same cell sometimes more then one code is registered splitted by using Alt-Enter. So you get in the cell for example;
"AA.BB.CC.[50]"
"DD.EE.FF.[100]"

In the other cell could be registered somethings like
"GG.HH.II.[20]"
"AA.BB.CC.[10]"

Ps. The cell could be also 'empty'.

What you see is when you combine everything you get for a specific column;
"AA.BB.CC.[50]" + "AA.BB.CC.[10]" = "AA.BB.CC.[60]"
"DD.EE.FF.[100]"
"GG.HH.II.[20]"

This is the meaning for counting !.

In Sheet2 in ColumnA all the unique used or possible to use codes are registered by me here as the basis from record 2 till last.
So you get;
A2= AA.BB.CC
A3= DD.EE.FF
A4= GG.HH.II

In Cell B2, C2, etc... the names of the persons are registered (MisterX, MisterY, etc..).

Then you get;
A1= MisterX - MisterY - MisterZ
A2= AA.BB.CC
A3= DD.EE.FF
A4= GG.HH.II

Counting; The macro should count the sum of the values in Sheet1 with the same textcode by the specific name. Then register the sum of that in the specific record with the same textcode (column.A) and person (could be Column.B, C etc..) in Sheet2.

So you get;
A1= MisterX - MisterY - MisterZ
A2= AA.BB.CC 60
A3= DD.EE.FF 100
A4= GG.HH.II 20

Another thing is that if in Sheet1 range C6:LastRow/Column a textcode is registered, as part of one of the cells, that isn't exist in Sheet2 Column.A than the specific cell in Sheet1 should colored red (this means that this cell contains a code that isn't exist).

The above explanation looks clear. Now the challange to solve.
Hopely....... thanks !