Sam Spade Sam Spade is offline
Junior Member

Default Preserving Cell Values for Comparison

What I’m trying to do is preserve a cell value generated by a formula for comparison purposes.

So, the formula functions each time the numerical data is entered. The cell containing the formula produces a resulting value. I then reference that value in another cell (which I would like to preserve).

Each time the formula receives new data the resulting value changes. This is fine if I can reference (and preserve) the new value in another cell. This way I would be able to compare the cell values each time new data is entered into the formula.

Unfortunately, other than manually copying and pasting, I have not been able to find a way to automate this simple procedure. Of course, each time the formula sees new data it’s cell value changes as well as any cell that references that value.

Any ideas?